Here’s to the super heroes that walk our Earth everyday. From the late night bottles to well-deserved cuddles. Diaper blows outs and sticky kisses, the sleepless days and endless nights of mommy-hood. We mommies have been kicking but since the dawn of time. Moms have been doing it so well that the Committee of Moms has dedicated a 2nd Mother’s Day starting today April 1st 2016.
As much as I wish this was true… April Fools Ladies! This is only slightly a joke, while there is no extra Mother’s Day, you can always treat yourself like it is because you deserve it. Moms have rocked out for a long time and deserve some recognition and love for what we do. While our babies and hubbies may not voice their appreciation all the time, their smiles and happiness prove enough. Take some time to show yourself some love, we get so caught up in being moms that we often forget to take care of ourselves. Here are 3 ways to pamper you like it is Mother’s Day.
- Shop- While it is a weakness for a lot of us, there is something amazing about buying something for ourselves. Pick that 1 thing you’ve always wanted and get it. Moms are always shopping for everyone else but what about you? It’s not often that we buy the things we really want, and when you can it can totally change your day. Here are 3 local malls I love to shop at.
2. Get your hair done- When was the last time you had your hair done? I don’t know about you but between juggling kids, work, and school my hair doesn’t get done that often. I am a hairstylist and it just isn’t the same when you do it yourself. An awesome shampoo and new style can really get the good vibes flowing. Here’s some salons to visit if you’re looking for a new do’
- HeadHunters– Located in Beaver Valley Mall, this salon has some of the best colorists and stylist I’ve seen. I love working there.
- MaxManni– Located right by Robinson Mall, this salon/spa is very relaxing and also has massage and skincare. Facials anyone?
3. Make time for you- Do you have a hobby or goal you haven’t started? Self-development is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. If it’s your passion and it makes you happy, make it a priority on your list. You can generate so much happiness in your family by making your own happiness within you. Don’t be afraid to make mama happy, we make the world go ’round. Sign up for that class or start that new book you’ve been eyeing. If you are open to painting, I loved Painting with a Twist located in Robinson. There are many locations so another one may be closer to you. It’s a step by step art class that is beginner friendly. The fun part you ask? It is BYOB, which means wine (or whatever you like)! Score! 🙂
While there is no extra Mothers Day, we can still celebrate and appreciate ourselves any day. Don’t forget to take care of you while you take care of everyone else. Share what you do special just for you in the comments below. Like and share this post if you think it can help a fellow mommy!
Happy April Fools Day! Share some laughs with your family here.
Thanks for reading!