It’s hard enough being a teen – having a smile you’re not proud of makes it even harder.
Many teens’ self-esteem is tied to what they look like on the outside. As much as we try to tell them it’s what’s on the inside that counts, sometimes it’s easier said than done.
According to a study done by StageOfLife.com, 59% of teens feel inferior based on their appearance. That’s an incredibly high number. Yet, fixing their smile is more important than just helping them feel better about their looks. It’s also important for overall oral health. But how do you know if your teen needs orthodontic care? Below are 8 signs to look out for.
- Did your child lose their teeth early or late?
- Do they have difficulty chewing or biting?
- Are their teeth crowded or do they have extra space between them?
- Does their jaw click or make sounds when chewing?
- Do they frequently bite their cheeks or the inside of their mouth?
- When they bite down, do their teeth meet awkwardly or not at all?
- Are their teeth out of proportion with the rest of their mouth?
- Do their teeth stick out?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, schedule a free consultation with Dr. Joffre Martin at Bridge City Braces to get your teen evaluated. Not only will it put your mind at ease, it could help your teen feel more confident. If your teen is worried about having braces or the appearance of braces, talk to Dr. Martin about clear braces or Invisalign as alternative options.
It’s never too late to get the smile you’ve always wanted. If you’ve been thinking about improving your smile, we certainly welcome parents! More than ever, adults are receiving orthodontic treatment and what a great bonding experience it could be to go through treatment with your teen!
CLICK HERE to schedule a free consultation or learn more about Bridge City Braces!