In early 2014, our family lost our home in a devastating fire. Less than 8 months later we were celebrating the holidays in a brand new home, with that we wanted brand new traditions. My favorite is our tree of gratitude. At first glance it may seem like a fancy stick in a vase but it holds a lot of meaning and it can be as simple or creative as you wish.
Things you will need –
- Card stock in assorted fall colors
- 2 in circle punch
- Thin fall colored ribbon
- 1 lg clear glass vase
- 1lb dry beans of your choice I used navy beans.
- Single hole punch
- Using cardstock print “I am thankful for…” 9x per sheet
- Cut using 2 inch circle punch
- Using hole punch; punch one hole in the edge of each 2 inch circle then set aside
- Cut ribbon into 6 inch lengths you will need one for each circle set aside
- Fill large vase with dry beans
- Press dry branch in to vase
- Using ribbons allow guests to hang circles on the branches after they write what they are thankful for this holiday season.