Summer is almost here! As the school year comes to an end children are filled with excitement over all the possibilities of summer. Add to the fun by making a summer bucket list together as a family. What is a summer bucket list? It is a list of fun things you want to do before summer is over. At the beginning of summer it might seem impossible to fill your summer schedule with fun, exciting activities. A summer bucket list can help with that.
Here are some tips for putting together your bucket list:
- Write it together as a family, so it is a mix of all your interests.
- Turn your list into a poster to help keep you on track. It will be fun to watch activities get crossed off the list, and to see what is left on it.
- Try to have about 20 activities on the list, meaning you need to complete about two a week. This will guarantee your summer is filled with fun!
- Make sure the activities on your list are reasonable. Don’t put anything that is completely impossible, it will be disappointing to your children.
Here are some ideas to help get you started:
- Go to the zoo
- Make smores
- Catch fireflies
- Visit a park that you have never been to
- Have a picnic
- Backyard camp out
- Pick flowers
- Go on a hike
- Paint rocks
- Have a water balloon fight
- Go to a carnival
- Plant something
- Feed the ducks
- Go to a baseball game (Go Pittsburgh Pirates!!!)
- Take a trip to the farmers market
- Visit a spray park
- Go to the library
- Attend an outdoor movie night
- Visit an amusement park
- Eat at a food truck
- Fly a kite
- Go miniature golfing
- Make an outdoor fort
- Visit a pool
- Go to a museum
Now I’m even more excited about summer! Whats on your family’s bucket list? Share in the comments below!