Spring is here and I can already smell the bugs starting to wake up and getting ready to terrorize us all. Fresh air means we can finally (hopefully) shake off all these viruses and sicknesses and replace them with allergies…sigh. Spring also means that Farmer’s Markets will be out in full bloom! Who doesn’t love fresh air along with fresh fruits and veggies? You are also helping to support local farmers and business that are working hard to provide our families with locally sourced and organic products.
Here is a round up of Farmer’s Markets in and around Pittsburgh for you to check out! If you go, take some pics and share them with us!
- Market Square Farmer’s Market (Market Square Pittsburgh, PA 15222). This is one of Pittsburgh’s most popular Farmer’s Markets. Usually, more than 30 local market vendors get together in Market Square for this event where you can get organic dairy products, flowers and prepared foods to name a few! They also offer free concerts so grab the family and head on over and check it out.
- Beaver Farmers’ Market (4th Street and Market Street Beaver, PA 15009). Beaver has a charming little down town area with weekly farmer’s markets that is beautiful to visit. The kids would love this as well as there are so many fun things for them to do. Beaver’s Farmer’s Market is held every Saturday from May through November.
- Shadyside Farmers’ Market (635 Filbert St. Pittsburgh, PA 15232). Shady side hosts a Farmer’s Market from June until September in the late morning to early afternoon. They can be found at the Liberty School parking lot on Filbert Street and Ellsworth Avenue. Here you can get organic meats, veggies, honey and so much more! Simmons farm and Pittsburgh Juice Company are just some of the local favorites that you can find here as well!
- Fox Chapel Farmers’ Market (583 Squaw Run Road East Pittsburgh, PA 15238) Fox Chapel Farmer’s Market has a great selection of organic products for you and your family. You can get a variety of fresh and local produce, jams, BBQ sauces, maple syrup and even jewelry. They also have fun games to play such as corn hole and they also provide live entertainment! Check it out! They are located at the Shadyside Academy far fields.
- Farmers’ Market Cooperative Of East Liberty (344 N. Sheridan Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15206) The Farmer’s Market Cooperative of East Liberty is a year round indoor Farmer’s Market. It has been open every Saturday morning since 1941! It offers a very unique and diverse of artisan products and fresh local produce. Better-Maid Donuts and The Greek Gourmet are just some of the local favorites that are available. So if you don’t feel like sweating bullets to get some produce, this is the perfect spot for you!
There you have it, folks! Get out there this Spring/Summer and support out local business working hard to provide us with the best of fresh/organic/local produce and goods.
Feel free to check out my Hot Mess Moms FB and Instagram page for good laughs!