Are you the Next Pittsburgh Moms Blog Team Member?
Pittsburgh Moms Blog is growing again!
Do you enjoy sharing your story with other moms and love writing? Do you have funny stories to share or experiences to rave about? We are looking to expand our contributor team, and we are looking for fresh, local voices who are passionate about our city and interested in sharing their stories. This is a volunteer position, but there are some really fun perks to make it all worthwhile. Note: you do NOT have to be a blogger to apply! We are simply looking for local moms who love to write, have a passion for motherhood and their community, and are looking for a way to connect!
Interested in becoming a contributor? Want to know more?
We so appreciate that you would consider sharing your thoughts, experience, and inspiration to Pittsburgh Moms Blog readers! Before you think more on the opportunity, please read the following guidelines and feel free to contact us with questions.
- Think LOCAL: We love to keep all of our content relevant to the Pittsburgh area…or at least within driving distance for day trips and outings. Blog posts can feature places to go and things to do while more general topics (e.g. feeding, potty training, DIT, etc.) can be given a local twist simply because they are written by a local mom-YOU!
- Think PARENTING: It may sound obvious, but PMB’s target audience is made up of moms and dads, so it only makes sense that our content remains under the broad category of parenting, within which you have a ton of subtopics to choose from: the experience of being a parent, stages and phases of development, tips and tricks, home management strategies specific to moms and dads, and of course, all the locally focused ideas mentioned earlier. At the end of the day, we are all parents just trying to make our lives a little bit more enjoyable. If you have an idea that interests you and your friends, then our readers would probably love to read about it too!
- Think CONNECTIONS: We encourage you to think critically about ways to engage your audience. Try to include clever and catchy post titles that draw people in or spark curiosity, and give your readers a reason to comment by asking questions (e.g. “So tell me, what is the most awful potty training experience you have ever encountered?”)
- Most importantly: Write what you love, and love what you write!
As you consider what content to submit as a sample with your application, please think on these important guidelines…
- Your sample submission should be original to you, meaning you are the author. Please keep copyright infringement laws in mind.
- Kinda obvious, but we have to say it… Content should be free from the following: profanity, sexual language, political endorsement of a party or candidate, political commentary, op-ed commentary on controversial social and/or political issues, and derogatory or inflammatory language.
What you GIVE…
- Your passion for moms, kids, and the greater Pittsburgh area.
- Reliability, team spirit, and your own unique, fun perspective.
- One original post per month that fits within the brand and mission of Pittsburgh Moms Blog.
- Reside within the Pittsburgh metro area.
- Your presence, when possible, at PMB events and contributor gatherings, which are designed to be a great time!
- Availability for in-person contributor meetings
What you GET…
- Your photo and bio on the Pittsburgh Moms Blog Contributors page (with links to your personal blog, and/or social media handles if you choose to share them.
- Involvement in the PMB Contributors Facebook group.
- Opportunities to attend media events as representatives of PMB
- Information and professional development in the areas of writing, blogging, SEO, social media, and event management.
- Opportunities to test out products and/or services before reviewing them on PMB.
- Access to pre-sale and discounted tickets to upcoming PMB events
- Opportunity to serve on the PMB Events Team
- New friendships and an amazing experience!
So what next?
- Fill out the application below, and be sure to include your writing samples.
- Watch for updates via email. Once we close submissions, we’ll let you know that we’re on the way to bury ourselves in all of your content. All ongoing updates will be sent by email as well!