Steel Cut Oat Blueberry Scones
Perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon snack, these blueberry scones are easy to make and always a crowd pleaser.
Write a review
- 1 1/4 cups steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup washed blueberries
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Combine steel cut oats and milk in a bowl and let soak in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir well.
- Cut in 4 tablespoons of butter until pieces of butter are "pea" size.
- Add soaked steel cut oats mixture and stir together.
- Gently stir in yogurt and blueberries.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Place scone mixture on greased cookie sheet and shape into a large circle/oval. Flatten to about 3/4 inch.
- Using a knife, score the surface into 8 wedges almost going to the bottom.
- Sprinkle a little sugar and cinnamon on the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold. These scones are good as is, with coffee, or even ice cream!
Pittsburgh Mom Collective https://pittsburgh.momcollective.com/