Leftovers Dinner- Pulled Pork Stuffed Peppers
Have leftover pulled pork? Why not make something new out of those leftovers and have some pulled pork stuffed peppers! Great for all seasons since it is quick to make and includes most things in your cupboard.
Write a review
- • 3 cups of Pulled Pork (without sauce)
- • 1 cups of quinoa
- • 6 of green or multi-colored peppers
- • ½ onion
- • 1 Tbs. of butter
- • Salt & pepper to taste
- • 1 jar spaghetti sauce or homemade
- • 2 cups of vegetable broth
- • 1 Tbs. garlic powder
- • 1 Tbs. oregano
- • 1 Tbs. basil
- • 1 can of corn
- • Non stick spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a pan, fry up the butter and onions on a low heat with a pinch of salt. You want to sauté the onions so that they are soft.
- Following, take a rice cooker for the quinoa. Rinse the quinoa first and then after draining the water out, put in 2 cups of vegetable broth.
- Add the cooked onions, garlic powder, oregano, basil and a pinch of salt and pepper to the quinoa before cooking.
- While the quinoa is cooking, get the green/multi-colored peppers ready by cutting a circle in the top and pulling out the seeds.
- In a large pot bring water and salt to a boil.
- Boil the deseeded peppers in the water for about 8 minutes. This is just to make them tenderer so that they do not take as long in the oven since every other bit is premade.
- Open and drain canned corn. (if you want to add even more flavor you can cook the corn off to the side with some butter)
- In a bowl, combine- cooked quinoa, pulled pork, corn, and 6 tablespoons of the spaghetti sauce. Mix together; this is the filling for the peppers.
- Take a pan (or I used two loaf pans) spray with non-stick spray.
- Put the stuffed peppers upright in the pan. (Tip: to help them not fall over use balled up aluminum foil on the sides to prop)
- On top of the peppers pour the rest of the spaghetti sauce mixture
- Place in oven for 20 minutes covered.
- Time to serve and enjoy!
- • Using rice instead of quinoa.
- • Using red enchilada sauce instead of spaghetti sauce.
- • I liked using both green and multi-colored peppers because the taste varies but you could just do one or the other.
Pittsburgh Mom Collective https://pittsburgh.momcollective.com/