Nowadays travel has become one of the most important and innate human desires. For any individual, there are great benefits of travel, extending beyond just a break from daily routine. Traveling increases your creativity and makes you more open-minded. Many people are now choosing careers in travel planning, either working for a brick and mortar travel agency, or working from home through a host travel agency.
Moms are becoming great travel agents because they are driven to stay at home with the kids while earning a good income for their family. It is an easy transition to become a travel agent for a mom because if they have traveled to a destination they just fell in love with, they are already selling that destination to friends, family, neighbors, and other moms.
But how does one become a travel agent, and is it direct sales? One should always have a passion for what they are selling to others, and if you have that passion, then you can sell anything including travel. No, it is not direct sales because we are not selling tangible products. We are in the business of selling experiences that make memories that will last a lifetime! Moms who have become travel agents who had previous worked in direct sales are finding that they work LESS hours, make MORE money, and have MORE time to spend with their children.
So where do you start?
There are many possibilities for having a successful career as a travel agent. Whether you are thinking of working in a travel agency or working through a host travel agency, you really should invest in some type of training from a travel agent school. In order to make sure that you get the best training experience to make you the most successful, you should carefully choose a travel agent school. A travel agent school should be:
- Online – An online course allows you to take it from the ease of your own computer on your own time.
- Limited Time Restrictions – A course should not restrict you on the amount of time you have to complete the course.
- Travel Industry – A course that teaches you about the travel industry. Knowing your geography is just a small part of being a travel agent. You choose a course that is going to talk about cruises, hotels, resorts, travel protection, rail, car rental, tours, sight-seeing, etc. in depth.
- Marketing/Sales – Knowing the travel industry is 50% of the job of a travel agent, but the other 50% is marketing and sales. Finding a program that introduces you to marketing and sales specifically for the travel agent will really help you hit the ground running once you have completed the course.
- Support – A course should have support from the various outlets including monthly phone calls, Social Media groups, Emails, etc. You will have questions along the way so you want to have the support of a positive environment.
- Mentoring – As with any career, you will always succeed when you have a mentor to help you along the way, so make sure that you have a mentor to help you with the course.
- Affordable – There are many travel agent online courses to take but some will cost you thousands of dollars.
One online travel agent school that is quickly growing because it combines all of the above items is the Travel Agent School Supporting Learning and Education™ or T.A.S.S.L.E. It is one of the most affordable travel business schools out there, and helps their students learn about the travel industry, marketing, and sales in a positive environment. Their How to Become a SUCCESSFUL Travel Agent Program™ is best for those who are thinking about becoming a travel agent or travel agents who have been in the industry for less than three years and are struggling to figure it all out.
There are no time restrictions on how long you have to take the program, and everyone who enrolls in the program gets a FREE TWO-HOUR session with the founder to discuss their career path as a travel agent. There is also a private Facebook group where people taking the course can ask questions, post feedback, and tell everyone about their successes.
The program is designed to make you feel motivated to start booking travel right away. There is an option to become an independent contractor under the Life is Better Traveling® brand, and start booking travel for friends, family, co-workers, etc. while you are taking the program. With a powerful training course in your tool belt, and a great tribe of people there to give their continued support, it is no surprise that the How to Become a SUCCESSFUL Travel Agent Program™ has become one of the most popular affordable, online travel agent schools available.